Mid Hinged Raise and Lower Columns
Our Mid Hinged Columns are suitable for light duty applications typically in conjunction with post top luminaires. We can provide either a rope operated version which has a canopy that acts as a counterbalance and also a lever arm to assist lowering with a rope only.
- Rope / Hand Operated.
- Counterbalanced for variable loading.
- Simple to operate.
Base Hinged Columns
Our Base Hinged version is operated by means of a removable winch system and has a self-contained and hidden hinge mechanism. Aesthetically, this means it looks very similar to a conventional tubular column and no unsightly protrusions. We can provide winches with various load capacities so that heavier lanterns and fittings can be attached to this type of column and which, therefore, our medium-duty solution. The winch is small and compact and can be easily carried from one column to the next. It has obvious advantages over our competitors Large and heavy tools.
- Hand Winch Operated.
- Medium – Heavy Duty.
- Conventional Tubular Aesthetic.
- Separate Flush Door Access without lowering.
Ground Hinged Columns
The Ground Hinge Column is raised and lowered using a counterbalance spring tool. Various strength spring tools are available, depending on the loading of the column, ensuring that operation is always safe and controlled.
Flange Hinged Columns
The Flange Hinged Columns are typically used when heavy loads and tall structures are required. We use a specifically rated screwjack tool to raise and lower the column in conjunction with a cordless power tool ensures a smooth and fast operation of the raising and lowering procedure.
- Portable screwjack and power tool operation.
- Heavy duty Loading and tall structures.
- Smooth, fast & easy lowering operation.
Only competent/trained persons should attempt the operation.
Only approved winches (lifting tool) should be used and these must be maintained as per the manufacturers recommendations and as applicable tested in line with the Lifting Operations, Lifting Equipment Regulations.
Fabrikat will not be held responsible for damage / injury as a result of Raising and Lowing Columns.
Prior to the operation, the inspection of the column for defective mechanism /excessive rust / damage (etc), as damage or rust may affect the operation and functionality of the column.
Prior to the operation, inspection of the area (lowering/raising zone) must be carried out, to ensure that it is clear of:
– Overhead hazards i.e. electrical cables (the column must not come within 6m of any electrical cables) / pipes / bridges etc – which may interfere with the safe lowering/raising of the column
– Ground obstructions i.e. cars / fences / signage / equipment etc – which may interfere with the safe lowering/raising of the column and/or damage thereto
– Clear of persons – which may interfere with the safe lowering/raising of the column and result in injuries
Where hazards are identified the column should only be lowered/raised after suitable remedial action has been taken – as advised by your Management Team/Health & Safety Team.
Note: In all instances, it is recommended that the lowering zone be cordoned off by barriers and signage.