Passively Safe Slip Base Columns – NE
This pole reduces the speed of a vehicle on impact, due to its design the pole will breakaway and will move over the vehicle. The result of 100 NE 3 (no energy absorbing) is a combination of low primary injury risk and excellent passenger safety.
- Safest on medium and high-speed roads for occupants.
- Slip Base ensures column completely detaches from the base.
- Designed to BSEN12767 (100 NE 3 – no energy absorbing).
Passively Safe FRP Columns – LE
Columns made of fibreglass-reinforced plastics designed to BSEN12767 provide a maximum of passive safety for motorists. These completely insulated and non-conductive poles snap off upon vehicle impact, instead of serving as a rigid barrier. Therefore rated as 100 LE3 (low-energy absorbing)
Highly stable, maintenance-free, and cost-effective: FRP columns are corrosion-resistant to pollutants such as CO2 and roadway salt, and demonstrate great mechanical and dynamic strength. Good vibration-damping properties contribute to a long life cycle of luminaires and fittings. Mechanical damage to the surface can be repaired without difficulty and at low cost.
Our UV-resistant FRP poles are available in all RAL colours.
- Deforms on impact then snaps off to absorb a low amount of the collision energy.
- Designed to BSEN12767 (100 NE 3 – No Energy Absorbing).
- Corrosion-resistant FRP.
Passively Safe Steel Columns – HE
Unlike the NE Slip Base & LE FRP Columns, our steel passive safety columns are not designed to snap or shear off at the base. Instead, they are designed to progressively compress on impact and flatten under the vehicle gradually slowing the movement of the vehicle and absorbing a large amount of the impact energy. Therefore, they are rated as 100 HE3 (High Energy Absorbing) When used in conjunction with a ground retention socket they can be removed and replaced after a collision with relative ease.
- For use in urban areas where a secondary impact is likely.
- Reduces speed of vehicle gradually.
- Absorbs a high amount of energy from the collision safely.